Susan believes that the health and wellbeing of Dearborn residents is critical to enhancing quality of life. Like so many Dearborn residents, she enjoys the outdoor spaces our city has to offer, and since the onset of the pandemic, she understands even better the need for these spaces. Moreover, Susan has witnessed the detrimental effects the COVID-19 pandemic has had on Dearborn and understands the role city government must play in protecting our communities.
- As Mayor, Susan will invest in our parks and recreation by improving city infrastructure and park equipment. In this same vein, Susan will also work to enhance mobility and walkability in every corner of the City.
- Understanding that accessibility is key to a safe and healthy Dearborn, as Mayor, Susan will work with her Recreation Team to improve ADA accessibility in our parks and recreation spaces so that every resident of the city feels included, welcomed, and celebrated.
- From developing Dearborn’s many beautiful trails to increasing the number of bike lanes available, as Mayor, Susan is committed to collaborating with local public and private stakeholders to help Dearborn residents make the most out of their outdoor spaces.
- As Mayor, Susan will work to improve environmental sustainability in Dearborn’s most vulnerable segments, working with legislators to forge new solutions to improve the health and safety of Dearborn residents at large.
- Susan will work to develop a public/private partnership to establish a health department to meet our city’s public health needs.
- From collecting PPE donations for frontline medical staff to distributing food and resources to community members impacted by the pandemic, as Mayor, Susan will continue her proactive response to the COVID-19 pandemic. She will also ensure that residents remain informed on the latest information by top medical experts, so that Dearborn can remain safe, well, and healthy.
- As Mayor, Susan will work with federal, state and county government officials to ensure that Dearborn’s vaccine stockpile remains full and readily available to all Dearborn residents.