Public safety is a top priority for our city. The safety of our families, our homes, and our neighborhoods is one of the things that makes Dearborn such a desirable place to live. Susan will work to ensure that all who live and enter our city will have positive, equitable, and fair interactions.
- Susan understands that the safety of Dearborn residents is critical to the overall well-being of our city. As Mayor, Susan will work to ensure the safety of Dearborn residents by enhancing and building on police and fire’s record response times.
- As Mayor, Susan will build on a model of community policing by developing collaborative partnerships between Dearborn’s police department and the individuals and organizations they serve to build community trust. She will work to ensure police officers are on our streets and patrolling our neighborhoods, creating opportunities for positive interactions with residents.
- Susan is committed to ensuring that Dearborn Police and Fire have access to the latest resources and state-of-the-art equipment to enhance training protocols for law enforcement and fire departments, upholding the finest standards and state protocols for public safety.
- As Mayor, Susan will work to implement a neighborhood policing program in which each city police patrol beat is assigned a police officer to oversee and respond to resident concerns. She will work to ensure residents of Dearborn have access to their neighborhood officer by publishing readily available contact information and completing initial introduction visits.
- As Mayor, Susan will invest in an increased number of crosswalks in high foot traffic areas to ensure the safety of our city.
- To protect the safety of drivers and vehicle operators, Susan will launch a speed hump program in which speed humps are installed in certain areas and neighborhoods in the city which experience heavy traffic or traffic concerns.