Susan is the only candidate with the experience, knowledge, and expertise to effectively manage the City’s budget while finding ways to reduce costs to save taxpayers money.
- Dearborn residents need relief when it comes to property taxes. High property taxes are a concern for many investors, families, friends, and neighbors of our city. As Mayor, Susan will make tackling commercial and residential property taxes a top priority in her administration.
- As Mayor, Susan is committed to working with the City assessor to ensure that residential and commercial properties are assessed fairly and equitably across the board and aligned with State assessment guidelines.
- As Mayor, Susan will work to offset costs mandated by the federal government by working directly with government officials and leaders. She will work to find and earmark federal funds that can help subsidize infrastructure projects, thereby reducing the burden on taxpayers.
- Lowering property taxes requires Dearborn to have enough housing options so that our young professionals and families are able to afford a home here in Dearborn. As Mayor, Susan will work to develop and encourage new housing developments that will make Dearborn a more affordable place to live.
- As Mayor, Susan will work to reduce wasteful spending and streamline city services without impacting the day-to-day operations of the city. Susan will conduct a line-by-line review of the city budget to remove any excess spending and find ways to deliver city services more efficiently. In doing so, she will work to reassess each department’s funding levels, building a budget vertically instead of our horizontal model.
- Susan will work to reduce the cost of government services by working with subject matter experts that will help guide city decisions on how to streamline city processes while reducing and eliminating spending without compromising customer satisfaction.
- As Mayor, Susan will commit to looking into incrementally decreasing millage rates while in office, which compounded over time, will help relieve taxpayer burden while maintaining city services.